No matter what IMDb says, if I had to rate this series I would definitely rate it 10/10. I personally am in love with this series and it just never gets old, like ever! This series began in 1994 and it ruled the heart of people for a complete decade. This series has 10 seasons with 24 episodes in each except for the last one which has 18 episodes.
This series is all about the lives of 6 friends who meet each other and then stick by each other's sides through all thick and thins and spend some very memorable moments together. There is a particular quality in each friend which makes them unique and the combination of all six together is just amazing!
- Jennifer Aniston as Rachel Green who initially is a spoiled shopaholic girl but later learns to be an independent women.
- Courteney Cox as Monica Geller who has a cleanliness compulsion disorder and wants to please everybody.
- David Schwimmer as Ross Geller who is Monica's elder brother and likes to show off his knowledge.
- Matthew Perry as Chandler Bing who is very sarcastic and is the funny one.
- Matt LeBlanc as Joey Tribbiani who is adorably dumb and very popular amidst girls.
- Lisa Kudrow as Phoebe Buffay who is the weird one and is into singing.
The story begins when Rachel comes to find Monica on her wedding day and then turns into her room-mate. Then their lives move forward and a number of incidents happen in their life which is very well narrated in this series.
When I started watching this series I just went on and on and when it ended I couldn't help but cry on the end of this beautiful journey these six people took me on. I have laughed with them and I have cried with them. And I have seen the entire series more than 10 times and still I watch it everyday without getting bored. I just can't get enough of this series and I wish these six people get back together and create some more episodes just for the sake of us fans.
I want to say that this series is a must watch since everyone deserves to laugh and cherish some happy memories.
- When Matt LeBlanc auditioned for the role he only had $11 dollars to his name. When the cast got their paychecks, the first thing that Courteney Cox bought was a car. Matt LeBlanc bought a hot dinner.
- During every episode the word "friends" is said at least once.
- No Friend ever made more money doing the show than any others. They started out making $22,500 per episode and ended up making $1,000,000 per episode. All negotiations were done in unison. Kudrow said, "The six of us are far stronger than just one person."
- The opening credits sequence in which the stars dance in a fountain was shot in the Warner Bros LA lot at 4am. The water was kept heated through a pump. The group was given the words to the Rembrandts song but it was not playing in the background because the song had not been recorded. Jennifer Aniston is the only cast member seen lip syncing in the opening credits, and this can be seen on the opening credits of 'The Pilot'. It is not seen again after that episode in the beginning credits. However, on the last episode of each season they show at the end an extension of the friends dancing in the fountain and sometimes again including her mouthing the words.
- Joey's pick-up line, "How *you* doin'?" was ranked #4 in TV Guide's list of "TV's 20 Top Catchphrases" (21-27 August 2005 issue).
- The show debuted at a time when networks were beginning to eliminate theme songs during the opening credits; however, with the popularity of this theme song, "I'll Be There for You" which went to #1 on the "Billboard Hot 100" and had incessant play on both the radio airwaves and television video channels, the show helped quell that trend.
Words can't sum up this series so if you really want to know what is F.R.I.E.N.D.S, you'll have to watch it and trust me when I tell you that it'll become an inseparable part of your life!